Thursday, June 26, 2014

And My Blogging Adventure Begins...

I follow a few different fitness bloggers and I find their blogs to be extremely helpful when it comes to motivation, recipes and tips. It has been almost 2 years since I started training and eating clean on a consistent basis. The fitness lifestyle is a choice and it truly is a lifestyle change. I learned that if I wanted to see real results I had to be consistent, determined and disciplined every day. I decided to start blogging because I am compassionate about living a healthy lifestyle and I want to share the knowledge that I've learned over time. I complied a lot of information and recipes over the last 2 years and I cannot wait to share them. Doing your research and finding that passion to change your life will put you on the road to success!

I am going to finish this first blog post with an example of what I eat daily. I consume 6-7 meals a day that consist of lean protein, complex carbohydrates and vegetables. This is what a daily meal plan for me would look like:

Breakfast: Protein Smoothie 
1 cup almond milk
2-3 ice cubes
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1/2 banana
1 tbsp all natural peanut butter or 1 tbsp flax seed
Blend for 30 seconds-1 minute and enjoy :)

Mid morning snack: 2 Banana Spice Protein Muffins and 24 raw unsalted almonds
I found this recipe on www.muffin-topless.com. This is one of the fitness blogs that I follow. Her blog is full of useful information as well as many yummy clean recipes.

Lunch: 4 oz. extra lean ground turkey, 1 cup green beans and 1/2 cup brown rice
I season my ground turkey with onion powder, garlic powder and freshly ground black pepper. I usually put reduced sugar ketchup on top.



Mid day snack: 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup green beans and 1/2 cup brown rice
I season my chicken with Mrs. Dash seasoning and like to put a little of Annie's Organic BBQ on the chicken to change it up every now and then.

Pre-workout meal: 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt and 1/2 cup granola

Post-workout meal: Protein shake and 1-2 unsalted rice cakes
I am pretty simple with my protein shakes after workouts. I usually just mix a scoop of protein powder with 1-2 cups of water. 

Dinner: 1 flounder filet, 1 cup broccoli and 1/2 cup brown rice
I usually pan fry my fish with a little bit of blackened seasoning.

 This list is very plain but it gives you the general idea. I change my meals up so that I don't get bored and I usually make something different for dinner every night. I hope this helps you get an idea of what a meal plan that consists of 6 small meals looks like. I will be posting clean recipes and other useful information periodically :)

No comments:

Post a Comment