Thursday, July 17, 2014

Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Healthy buffalo chicken pizza? Yep! Pizza is one of my favorite cheat meals. I allow myself to have a cheat meal (something high in fat and deliciousness) once a week. During the week I like to stick to a clean and healthy diet which is why I love finding ways to make my favorite cheat meals into healthier versions that still make me feel like I am eating the real thing.

I found a really easy and simple buffalo chicken crock pot recipe on Natalie Hodson's blog and decided to throw it on a Flat Out Flat Bread and make a pizza. I created a delicious and guilt free pizza! I am going to attempt buffalo chicken wraps or a buffalo chicken salad next.


Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza


Ingredients:
  • 2 lb chicken breast
  • 1 tsp minced garlic 
  • 16 oz organic low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
  • 4 Flat Out whole wheat flat-bread
  • 1 can organic pizza sauce
  • mozzarella cheese

Directions:
  1. Add chicken, garlic and broth to crock pot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken easily shreds with fork.
  2. Shred chicken and drain broth expect for 1/2 cup. Add Frank's Buffalo sauce to the chicken and remaining broth and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put Flat Out whole wheat flat-bread on a cookie sheet and cook those alone for 2 minutes. 
  4. Remove from oven and layer flat-bread with pizza sauce, buffalo chicken and mozzarella cheese. 
  5. Place pizzas in oven for 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  6. Remove and eat up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment