Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Honey Balsamic Chicken

I eat chicken at least once a day and I make chicken for dinner a 3-4 nights a week. I am always trying to look for ways to make it different to keep my taste buds excited for another chicken dinner. This recipe takes 15 minutes so it's perfect for a week night dinner or whenever you're trying to get a meal cooked quickly.

The honey and balsamic vinegar mixed together creates a sweet and tangy sauce that is good on everything. Whenever I make this dish I usually end up dipping my sides in the sauce as well. I had this last night with roasted red potatoes and steamed carrots and the sauce complimented the whole meal. 


healthy chicken

Honey Balsamic Chicken


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb thinly sliced skinless chicken breast
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1-2 tbsp thyme
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
  1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
  2. Season both sides of chicken with thyme. 
  3. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until no longer pink inside. I use thinly sliced chicken for this recipe because it cooks quickly. If you are using thick chicken breast the cooking time will vary.
  4. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
  5. Combine 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar to the hot skillet and bring the heat up to medium high.
  6. Bring the sauce to a slight boil, stirring frequently until the sauce thickens. 
  7. Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment