Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Pancakes

It took me a little bit before I came across a protein pancake recipe that worked and tasted good. A lot of recipes I found made really dry pancakes and the batter was so thick that I burnt many pancakes trying to get the inside to cook. I found a recipe for pancakes on www.muffin-topless.com and I have used the ingredients she listed for her pancake batter ever since. These pancakes come out perfect every time and have a similar consistency and flavor to real buttermilk pancakes.

The key to making tasty and appealing protein pancakes is letting the batter set for 5 minutes or so after you blend all the ingredients. While my batter is setting I begin to pre heat my skillet over medium heat and make sure that the skillet is fully heated before pouring my pancake batter into the pan. Follow these two steps and you will make delicious protein pancakes every time!

Protein Pancakes

Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Pancakes


Ingredients:
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/2 large banana (save other 1/2 for topping)
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1-2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients to a magic bullet or a blender and blend until batter is smooth. Let batter set for 5 minutes. 
  2. Spray a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat on medium.
  3. After the batter is set and your pan is pre heated, pour batter onto pan (makes 3-4 pancakes) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles appear.
  4. Top pancakes peanut butter and remaining 1/2 banana. I like to drizzle natural maple syrup on top too. Enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment